Cranes are present in most of the manufacturing industries, they have become a necessity as they are very helpful. Cranes make the work process faster by saving manual efforts of the labor along with time and money. The work life of the labor may be in extreme stress in the absence of cranes. They have to put a lot of energy in pushing and pulling the heavy machines and their parts. Cranes do the work in minutes without any hassle thus making it an important part of the modern industries. ABCO Engineers offer cranes suitable for modern industry and are known for their best quality EOT Cranes in Bangalore region.
Although cranes are the helping hands in the industry, their failure can cause heavy damage and injuries to the laborers, sometimes even taking the life of the labor due to its heavy weight. Crane failures or accidents are very rare but may happen due to multiple reasons so we have to be prepared about how to tackle sudden crane failures or accidents.
Reasons for crane failure -
There are multiple reasons for crane failure or its collapse. Improper maintenance and Bad handling by the operator are the main reasons identified for most of the crane failure. The probability of crane failure due to machine error is extremely low. Below are some of the situation of the crane failure along with the measures to tackle the situation
● Improper operation of the crane Sawing of loads and cross pulling is the main reason of damage in wire ropes and it’s failure. The operator should ensure that the load lifted should not sway while moving the crane. It’s operator’s responsibility to lift the load softly with very less inching operations and without jerks. Further to avoid Swaying and Jerks in crane ABCO Engineers provide intelligent anti-sway system for smooth and safe operation. Please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the Anti-sway system.
● De-Railing of Crane De-railing of crane occurs when the Crane LT Wheel comes out of the LT Rail. There are many reasons for Crane De-Railing. The main being due to skewing of crane. Skewing occurs either due to improper diagonal in crane assembly or due to asynchronous rotation of LT motors with respect to each other. This asynchronous movement may be due to difference in RPM of the motor & Gear Box or failure of Brakes operating simultaneously.
However proper and regular maintenance of LT Drives, Motors, Brakes will help to avoid de-railing of Crane. Also the fit bolts at end carriage – bridge junction needs to be tightened to required torque at regular intervals and also the crane movement needs to be monitored. If any skewing is found, stop the crane immediately and contact your Crane supplier for servicing.
● Brake failure The damage is upto large extent due to the brake failure and is common cause for the crane accidents. The reason for the brake failure is due to improper maintenance of the crane. To avoid this failure maintenance work has to be carried out and the brake system should be inspected periodically. Also brake selection depends on the environment at which the crane is working. Improper brake selection will lead to early failure of Brakes in Harsh environment. ABCO Engineers have experience in supplying cranes in harshest environments. Kindly cntactt our technical team to know more on break selection for your environment. Check crane services in Bangalore.
As said by the doctors, precaution is better than cure. It is better to take necessary precautions rather than wait for a problem to be solved. The accidents caused by the cranes create a huge loss for the industry and may take the lives of the laborers. A mistake by one makes many people suffer.
● Always hire an experienced crane operator for the task.
● Regularly train the operator.
● Take care of the crane with the proper and regular maintenance.
● Before operating the cranes, pre-check its machine parts.
● Always have a backup plan for the situation of failures.
● When the crane is in operation make sure laborers are away from its operating area.
● Make sure all men at work wear helmets.
● First aid boxes should be kept at the place.
Keep up to date
Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media